Middleweight Designer (Brands)
Reports to: Creative Director
Purpose of role:
This role is an opportunity to work on a broad scope of projects within the luxury drinks sector - ranging widely from brand home experiences, to tasting kits, books, key visuals, bespoke gifting and much more. Primarily, you’ll be part of the Brands Team but will also work, in collaboration, with our Environments, Packaging and Digital Teams to create designs for top marketing teams across the world.
Your portfolio should show substance as well as style - bursting with well thought out ideas that showcase your creativity. An enthusiastic team player, we’re looking for someone hungry to learn and eager to share and comfortable both working independently and as part of a wider team, depending on the task. Ideally, you’ll have a keen interest in the drinks industry and be up-to-date with current trends. You’ll understand the importance of working to agreed budgets and timescales. You might have done your time as a junior, but you’re not too cool to make tea, stuff envelopes or research drink trends if the team needs it.
We’re open to continued remote working so wider location bases will be considered.
Expertise (desirable but not essential):
- Undergraduate degree in fine art, graphic/visual communication, or equivalent
- In-house or agency-based experience
- Drinks industry design experience
Skills and Key Competencies:
- A passion for design and a keen interest in the drinks industry
- A genuine team player, with great people skills, able to work well with colleagues, suppliers, and clients
- Thorough, creative thinker with an ability to clearly articulate ideas, visually and verbally
- Capability to work from concept through to producing informed design responses that fulfil client requirements and push the creative brief
- To work comfortably on larger projects, collaboratively with a wider team, as well as taking the creative lead on smaller jobs, with direction from the Creative Director and Design Director
- Ability to work across a broad range of creative outputs from environments to packaging, brand creation to implementation
- Confidence in visualising creative content to a high standard, from sketching concepts to technical drawings to mock-up visuals
- Proficient in relevant design software
- Ability to understand and interpret client feedback
- Briefing the finished design into artwork and production, ensuring projects are produced and delivered to the correct specification
Help maintain and live by the following values:
We show empathy for all
We are a selfless community of inspired and inspiring creative thinkers
We’re the right kind of risk-takers
Our knowledge, experience and expertise allows us to be creatively courageous and candid in our interactions
We ask every question, question every answer
We’re relentless in getting to the bottom of our client’s most important challenges and we’re uninhibited in the way we resolve them
We have a thirst for excellence
We’re fastidious and tireless in our determination to produce the highest quality work
We’re leaving a positive legacy
We take our responsibility for our people and our approach to sustainability as seriously as our work
If you would like to apply for this position or arrange a quick chat, please contact our HR Manager, Leanne, who will be in touch.